Senior Android or iOS Software Engineer
DogHero is a peer-to-peer pet boarding marketplace that connects pet owners with trusted hosts. Using technology and design we are redesigning how pet owners think about boarding their pets while they are away, an experience that before was very painful and troublesome. We want to revolutionize the pet services industry in Brazil, Latin America and the world.
Technology team at DogHero
The tech team is a core part of DogHero. It’s our responsibility not only to develop systems and products that our customers want but also to help other internal stakeholders to make the right decisions. The tech team participates in all aspects of the product development: idea, market, UX, UI, architecture, code development, and QA. We know that it's about delivering the right solutions no matter what technologies we need to use. We encourage learning and self development - we stay away from people that are living in the past. Our goals are to build great products, be a cohesive high performing team, and be excellent in all aspects.
We are looking for top notch developers to scale our tech team.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and would welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be advanced reading in English in order to learn the most from the whole world. Our office is in Vila Mariana, São Paulo for now, but moving to a new, greater office in Pinheiros.
- Develop and maintain our native Android app
- Consume RESTful APIs to implement new functionalities that enhance the quality of our product
- Bring pixel perfect UI/UX into life
- Work in a an informal fast paced environment.
- Learn and be constantly challenged
- Have autonomy to define the best courses of action
- Work and learn the newest technologies
- Create quality products that has a very high approval from our clients
- Live by the concepts of agile development and lean startup
The person we are looking for:
- 4+ years of relevant mobile coding experience
- For Android: Advanced knowledge of Android Java and Kotlin languages
- For iOS: Advanced knowledge of Swift language. Objective-c is a plus
- Excellent TDD, unit testing and test automation skills
- Knowledge in software architecture
- Have some knowledge in Docker, modern CDs/CIs like Jenkins
- Knowledge in agile methods - have worked with scrum or kanban teams
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good english language skills - you always need to seek knowledge over the web
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit. Thinks and acts as an owner
- Is a great communicator - able to convey and argument in a clear and concise way to other team members
Working here is cool AND you get the following:
- Opportunity to earn stock options in DogHero
- Meal allowance ("ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação")
- Public transportation allowance
- Good health plan
- Life insurance (Porto Seguro)
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass)
- Professional improvement program - We want you to grow wiser
- Dog Friendly environment (BYOD = Bring your own dog)
- Very fun, collaborative and fast-paced work environment