DogHero is a peer-to-peer pet boarding marketplace that connects pet owners with trusted hosts. Using technology and design we are redesigning how pet owners think about boarding their pets while they are away, an experience that before was very painful and troublesome. We want to revolutionize the pet services industry in Brazil, Latin America and the world.
As a Data Engineer, you will be combining product usage data, behavioral data, business systems data, transactional data and third party data into an analytics pipeline that drives all of the critical business decisions we make. This role will have an immediate impact on every aspect of a rapidly growing business. You will have decision making abilities to suggest and improve on our current services and architecture to ensure we are working on the best solution possible.
You must be passionate about working with datasets and be someone who loves to bring data together to answer complex business questions that deepen our understanding of our customers and usage of the platform. You will work on the data team that is in charge of architect the data landscape, working closely with our product, engineering and executive leadership teams to implement solutions. You must be comfortable building data frameworks from the ground up.
- Partner with Product to frame and prioritize business opportunities, identifying where data insights can provide the biggest impact
- Create data pipelines and ETL jobs to support the Data Warehouse implementation
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to drive implementation of data tracking
- Perform both standardized and ad-hoc data analysis, reporting, and modifications via SQL, Kissmetrics and Google Analytics
- Use analytics to influence product development, surfacing data around product usage and customer behavior
- Drive a culture of accountability, measurement and experimentation
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Industry experience as a Data Engineer or related role (e.g. Software Engineer, Business Intelligence Engineer, Data Scientist, Business Analyst) with a track record of manipulating, processing and extracting value from datasets
- At least 2+ years of professional work experience
- Proficiency in SQL, Python and Unix environments.
- Experience with analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Kissmetrics, etc.)
- Experience with Business Intelligence reporting tools (DataStudio, Tableau, etc)
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business teams
- Passion for facilitating internal and external customer satisfaction
- Love pets =)
- Competitive salary (CLT)
- Opportunity to earn stock options
- Health plan
- Bonus for upgrading your computer set- up
- Private cook at the office
- Fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment
- Dog-friendly office... wof wof
More Info About DogHero: We are a Portuguese speaking company. We welcome diversity and welcome foreign candidates. We are located in São Paulo, Brasil, in the Vila Mariana region. We were founded in 2014 by two Stanford MBAs with experience building companies such as iFood, oLook, Thumbtack, Turo, Globo.com and Grubster. Our investors include KaszeK Ventures (Argentina), monashees+ (Brazil), IGNIA Partners (Mexico) and Global Founders Capital (Germany).