Software Engineer - Full Stack
DogHero is a peer-to-peer pet boarding marketplace that connects pet owners with trusted hosts. Using technology and design we are redesigning how pet owners think about boarding their pets while they are away, an experience that before was very painful and troublesome. We want to revolutionize the pet services industry in Brazil, Latin America and the world.
Technology team at DogHero
The tech team is a core part of DogHero. It’s our responsibility not only to develop systems and products that our customers want but also to help other internal stakeholders to make the right decisions. The tech team participates in all aspects of the product development: idea, market, UX, UI, architecture, and code development and QA. We know that it's about delivering the right solutions no matter what technologies we need to use. We encourage learning and self development because - we stay away from people that are living in the past. Our goals are to build great products, be a cohesive high performing team, and be excellent in all aspects.
We are looking for top notch developers to scale our tech team.
Language and location
We are a Portuguese speaking company. This is written in English because 1) we value diversity and would welcome foreign candidates, and 2) if you are Brazilian you need to be advanced reading in English in order to learn the most from the whole world. Our office is in Vila Mariana, São Paulo
- Develop and maintain microservices in our structure
- Develop RESTful APIs to implement new functionalities that enhance the quality of our products
- Bring pixel perfect UI/UX into life in Web Experience
- Work in a an informal fast paced environment.
- Learn and be constantly challenged
- Have autonomy to define the best courses of action
- Work and learn the newest technologies
- Create quality products that has a very high approval from both our customers and hosts
- Our current stack is composed by: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, AWS and Google Cloud, Elasticsearch, AngularJS, MySQL
The person we are looking for:
- 3+ years of relevant coding experience
- Knowledge in software architecture and microservices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent TDD and test automation skills (CI/CD)
- Advanced knowledge of Ruby on Rails (Elixir is a plus)
- AngularJS proficiency
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit. Thinks and acts as an owner - preferably you have already started your own venture, or worked at a technology startup
- Willingness and motivation to do the heavy lifting
- Comfortable with uncertainty and able to navigate without a clear direction
- Lives by the concepts of agile development and lean startup
- Values environments where data and facts speak louder than HiPPO (Highest Paid Person’s Opinion)
- Is a great communicator - able to convey and argument in a clear and concise way to other team members
- Has deep point of views about emerging technologies, and that helps create a clear and productive workflow for the tech team.