Mobile Software Engineer
DogHero is a peer-to-peer pet boarding marketplace that connects pet owners with trusted hosts. Using technology and design we are redesigning how pet owners think about boarding their pets while they are away, an experience that before was very painful and troublesome. We want to revolutionize the pet services industry in Brazil, Latin America and the world.
Technology team at DogHero
The tech team is a core part of DogHero. It’s our responsibility not only to develop systems and products that our customers want but also to help other internal stakeholders to make the right decisions. The tech team participates in all aspects of the product development: idea, market, UX, UI, architecture, and code development and QA. We know that it's about delivering the right solutions no mater what technologies we need to use. We encourage learning and self development because - we stay away from people that are living in the past. Our goals are to build great products, be a cohesive high performing team, and be excellent in all aspects.
We are looking for top notch software engineers to scale our tech team.
Mobile software engineer responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain our native mobile apps (Android and iOS)
- Consume RESTful APIs to implement new functionalities that enhance the quality of our product
- Bring pixel perfect UI/UX into life
- Work well along side the product and design teams
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of experience coding in relevant startups and/or personal projects
- Relevant startup experience
- Knowledge in software architecture
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent TDD and test automation skills
- Advanced knowledge of Swift (Objective C is a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of Android Java (Kotlin is a plus)
The person we are looking for:
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit. Thinks and acts as an owner - preferably you have already started your own venture, or worked at a technology startup
- Willingness and motivation to do the heavy lifting
- Comfortable with uncertainty and able to navigate without a clear direction
- Lives by the concepts of agile development and lean startup
- Values environments where data and facts speak louder than HiPPO (Highest Paid Person’s Opinion)
- Is a great communicator - able to convey and argument in a clear and concise way to other team members
- Has deep point of views about emerging technologies, and that helps create a clear and productive workflow for the tech team.
- Work in a an informal fast paced environment.
- Learn and be constantly challenged
- Have autonomy to define the best courses of action
- Work and learn the newest technologies
- Create quality products that has a very high approval from both our customers and hosts
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to earn stock options
- Health plan
- Gym benefits
- Bonus for upgrading your computer set up
- Private cook at the office
- Fun, collaborative, and fast-paced work environment
- Dog-friendly office... wof wof
More Info About DogHero:
We are a Portuguese speaking company. We welcome diversity and welcome foreign candidates. We are located in São Paulo, Brasil, in the Vila Mariana region. We were founded in 2014 by two Stanford MBAs with experience building companies such as iFood, oLook, Thumbtack, Turo, Globo.com and Grubster. Our investors include KaszeK Ventures and monashees+, both leading VC technology funds in Latin America.