Business Development Manager (International)
Having a furry friend is amazing, but a lot of work. DogHero was created to make dog parenting easier! DogHero is revolutionizing the Latin American pet service market by providing dog owners with access to a large community of trusted hosts and walkers!
Founded in 2014, DogHero is a fast-growing company with a team of 50+ people, counts with 15k+ hosts in Brazil ,Argentina and Mexico.. DogHero is headquartered in São Paulo and backed by some of the most important venture capital firms in Latin America.
DogHero is looking for a talented and driven International Manager to lead our operations Latam (ex-Brazil) operations!
DogHero is looking for a dynamic International Manager whose primary responsibility will be to accelerate our growth in Argentina, Mexico and new spanish speaking countries throughout Latin America. This position is based in our head quarter in São Paulo, Brazil but do require occasional travel into the markets. As International Manager you will be the mastermind behind driving growth, customer adoptions, balancing supply and demand, driving improvements in all key business metrics as well as craft the go-to market strategy into other markets.
Your work will be primarily evaluated by year-over-year bookings and revenue growth, expanding the supply side and improving key conversion metrics. As the P&L owner you will own and allocate the budget for those markets. Finally, as some of your levers for growth will be product related, we expect you to collaborate with other teams to make sure your specific market needs appropriately influence the product roadmap.
- Manage a small agile team (some of which remotely) to hit growth targets in revenue and bookings across the international markets we operate;
- Partner with host and customer marketing teams to strategically deploy marketing dollars to maximize volume while minimizing costs;
- Lead reporting on progress and goals to senior leadership and relevant stakeholders;
- Advocate for the international owner and sitter across the broader organization by providing data, feedback, and local market insights;
- Serve as the point person for all legal , financial and government affairs issues at the national and regional level;
- Partner closely with developers and product manager to drive platform changes to solve the unique challenges of international customers and hosts (ex: language localization, marketing restrictions, contract employment laws, etc.).
- Design and execute in-market tests to improve metrics including customer conversion, sitter engagement, and funnel efficiency.
- Be able to take hard decisions sometimes using very little information available;
- You have a tremendous bias for action. What you set out to do, you get done.
IT IS EXPECTED THAT YOU WILL:
- Fluency in Portuguese, Spanish and English;
- Startup experience and online marketplace experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior leaders across dynamic, matrixed organizations.
- Experience partnering with diverse cross-functional teams to deliver critical business outcomes.
- Experience hiring and managing small teams
- Experience developing, owning and driving market-level KPIs at various levels of establishment.
- Experience designing and executing A/B tests with high impact and broad visibility.
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making skills. Strong Excel required; SQL proficiency preferred.
- This position will sit within DogHero HQ in São Paulo. Occasional travel to markets may be required.
- Manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously;
- Get your hands dirty and roll your sleeves up to deliver projects and tasks successfully;
- Think critically, make creative suggestions and directly report to the Founders;
- Demonstrate great organizational, planning and business development skills with excellent follow through - you have the overview and you exactly know what needs to happen, where, how and when;
- Organized and independent; you're both an individual contributor and a team player.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
You will join an amazing and very ambitious team with global perspectives. International expansion is a major value driver for DogHero. It is a key component of DogHero’s growth path. You will be directly responsible for a major strategic initiative for the company.